The Pomona High School Athletic program plays an essential role in teaching students to conduct themselves with honesty and integrity. We want our student athletes to understand the entire scope of the athletic spectrum in regards to making sacrifices, striving for excellence, persevering through adversity, and competing with dignity and pride, while developing a commitment to teamwork and service to the community.With the new developments that we are presented with due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are confident that our efforts to support each individual student-athlete will go above and beyond the normal call to action.
- At Pomona High School, we have a dynamic system of core beliefs that we hope will shape our environment now and throughout the existence of the program:
- Athletic participation must be healthful, positive and safe for everyone involved, conducted in an environment that teaches values and ethics, strengthens the community, promotes competition without conflict and enriches the lives of the athletes.
- Learning and personal growth form the foundation for interscholastic and intramural sports.
- Parents and community are actively involved in creating and supporting an environment that fosters positive athletic experiences for student-athletes.
- The coach is the key to making the student-athlete experience appropriate, positive and educational.
- Each student who meets the eligibility standards has the opportunity to participate and learn through sports.
- Participation in sports builds self-confidence while teaching good health and fitness habits to last a lifetime.
- We provide a personalized learning environment with equitable participation opportunities for student-athletes to develop their leadership potential.Win or lose, we encourage student-athletes to provide a winning effort, exhibit sportsmanship, and demonstrate respect for all.
Ultimately, we understand our role in the community and we want to invite any and all community stakeholders, faculty, and Alumni to get involved in “Red Devil” athletics.
Thank you for your support and
GOOOOO RED DEVILS!!!